Friday, 2024-04-19, 0:43 AM
Welcome Guest | Registration | Login

protecting the world from evil

10 ways on “How to be a Good Forum Member” - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: samil  
Forum » Management » Newcomers Introduction » 10 ways on “How to be a Good Forum Member”
10 ways on “How to be a Good Forum Member”
samilDate: Monday, 2009-06-29, 7:04 AM | Message # 1
count your last blessings
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
1. Don't get mad when a thread you made goes unanswered. Did you just post a statement? People like to answer questions. Give them something to work with. Start a conversation and people will respond.

2. Remember that it's not always about you. If someone's extremely excited, for example, about their new computer, don't come in and say, "Well, mine beats yours." Give that person time to shine, to be excited. Give up the spotlight once in a while.

3. When you are angry, cranky, sad, etc., you may come across differently than you think. I've posted when I've been cranky, and each time it bites me on the butt. If you do feel the need to post when your emotions are high, read, and re-read your post to make sure it can't be taken in a way you didn't intend.

4. Ignore spam. When you reply to it, it just brings it back to the top of the page. Let it crawl down the page into oblivion. You don't have to bump it up for the Mods to see.

5. Don't create spam. The only person who thinks spam is cool is the person who created it. The rest of us look at it and think, "How pathetic is he/she?"

6. Understand that others will have viewpoints completely different, and perhaps foreign, than your own. This is one of the things I love about the Internet and forum interaction. Here, you get to see opinions from those of different religions, backgrounds, and experiences. Learn from it. Respect their opinion. It's okay to debate but remember, there is another person on the other side.

7. Want to move up the ranks of well-liked members? Reply to the posts of others with a reply that took some thought. If all you have to say is "that's cool", try to ask a question of the person as well. There are instances where the post is so awe-inspiring that all you can say is "that's cool," but don't make
2-word replies your trademark.

8. Experience life outside of the virtual world and you will find you have much more to talk about when you return. If you're sitting there, staring at the monitor, wondering "what kind of thread should I make today," then you're thinking too hard.

9. Understand that others will make mistakes. We're all human. Remember when you first started out, what a scary moment it was when you first hit that "send" button? Have compassion for your fellow members and don't be so quick to point a finger. Offer to help them and you may just find a new friend.

10. Have fun, read the Rules, and participate. If you feel you are getting upset about a thread, or you are sitting there bored out of your mind, go find something else to do. We'll still be here when you come back, and hopefully you'll have something really great to share with us when you return.

Forum » Management » Newcomers Introduction » 10 ways on “How to be a Good Forum Member”
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

RSS

Login page

Jukebox

The JEJEMON SONG – Whysopas

Partner Sites

errytakahashi
jenielle

Buy me some coffe

pang tuition lang po

Amount